Re: Performance issue

From: Peter McKenzie <pemmck_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/01/14

Peter McKenzie wrote in message <69ckbm$6qq$1_at_marri.bs.wa.gov.au>...
>Oracle 7.3.....

Well, I mucked up again ! I am actually running 7.1.6 !

Thanks to advice I have received from Jonathan Lewis and Jurij Modic it would appear that 7.3 will do the right thing if the view is a 'partition' view and partition views are enabled.

Upgrade to 7.3 ? - This would be a good idea but we are running Forms 3 and apparently there are overheads when running Forms 3 against 7.3 (SqlNet is used as the interface).

Upgrade to Forms 4.5 ? - We are working on this but it could take some time.

Thanks for all your help,
Peter Received on Wed Jan 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST