Re: DROP TABLE always takes long time.

From: Rodney L. Barrett <rbarrett_at_solutionpt.com>
Date: 1998/01/13

You probably have statistics in your systems tables.

I accidentally did a analyze_database once instead of analyze_schema and got this problem.
After several hours with Tech support, we got it resolved

You can do a analyze_database ('DELETE') to get rid of all statistics. Remember to compute statistics for your schema again, though.

rodney
rbarrett_at_solutionpt.com Received on Tue Jan 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST