Re: Need information about Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3

From: raman batra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: 1998/01/13

Oracle Workgroup Server is a fully functional version of Oracle server (enterprise). I think , it does not cover parallel query, spatial data,
parallel server and replication options. I have also heard that query optimization
is a little bit diff than the Enterprise version. For most applications, you may
never notice the difference. It costs a lot less (about $300/seat vs. $1800 for the server).

The product is very easy to install, comes with a sample database and is a breeze. Quite easy.
Coming from Informix you should be able to pick it up easily.

Most of what goes on in the Enterprise Server such as configuration is true here. eg.listener.ora, etc
all naming convention and file structures are similar. The sample database is just to give
you a flavor. You may use your own naming conventions etc.

Also, the workgroup server works will all Oracle tools compatible for that release

Have fun

Raman Batra, Oracle DBA