Re: Performance issue

From: Peter McKenzie <pemmck_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/01/13

Thanks - but the view is used in many places and was created to greatly simplify applications.
It was after very careful consideration that we decided to use a view (unfortunately not careful enough!). The reports which use this view together with many other tables, database functions, outer joins etc are highly complex and replacing references to the view with selects from both tables becomes a nightmare.
Basically we want to join archive data with live data without overburdening a suite of already overly complex statistical reports. If we can't find a way of 'fooling' Oracle we will probably have to take a 'work table' approach.