Re: Create DB and error 07331

From: Sheilah Scheurich <scheuric_at_wantnospamsprynetatall.com>
Date: 1998/01/13

Try reducing the size of your db_block_buffers. This one will significantly reduce the size of your SGA. Performance will stink, but it will fit in your system. If you only have 48M of entire memory, then it it likely this is your problem. There are several paramters that limit the size of the SGA on the kernel size. The parameter SHMMAX is one, so is SHMSEG. Your system administrator will know how to change them, but it will require a reboot of your system, PLUS you don't want to kill the entire operating system by taking all the available memory. To determine how many db_block_buffers you currently have take the block size of your database. (If you didn't change it in your init.ora or config.ora file - it is probably 4k) and multiply db_block_buffers by your block size. This will give you the number of bytes currently allocated for that parameter. Also, look at the Shared_pool_size - this is in the form of bytes

-Sheilah Scheurich
DBA
My email is wrong - remove the words "want no spam at all" to send me anything.