Re: Export Question (Newbe)

From: Dennis E. Marquis <marquisd_at_bms.com>
Date: 1998/01/13

Tim,

Are the database versions the same? If not make sure that you are going from a lower version to a higher one or at least one that is comparable. There may be objects in the one database that do not apply in the other. Most times migrations are going into a higher rev of the DB so this is not a problem.

Also file size of the dmp output is a concern. You can send the export output through a compression stream so the file is smaller and easier to move around.
In UNIX it would go like this:

mknod export.dmp p
compress <export.dmp >export.dmp.Z &
exp user/passwd file=export.dmp