Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- why bother?

From: <volmer_at_berlin.snafu.de>
Date: 1998/01/12

Dear Bjorn,

I read your artikle with very great interest. My english isn't very good, so I'm not shure, if I understood the kernel of that little discussion your article followed.

My request is to find a version of Oracle running under Linux to write some C/C++ stuff for my diploma work at home and recompile the source at a UNIX network, the real place where my software should run. I want to do this to inshure, if my programs work fine, I could have the commercial use by my own. If I wrote the programs on a foreign machine, with foreign software, I've no rights to my own product. And a commercial UNIX is too expensive for me.

Is it correct, that there exist no Oracle version on a Linux platform? If so, is there another product, which is source code compatible to a UNIX based Oracle?

By the hand. What is "dejanews"? I read this many times, and last in this newsgroup some minutes ago. What can I do with it and if it's useful how can I get it?

bye mike