Re: Problems in Oracle 7.2.3 and shared memory

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/12

From: pady srinivasan <pady_at_imncorp.com> >> I would like to know if there is a known bug in 7.2.3 about this problem, or have anybody experienced this and have been able to solve it ??? <<

There were numerous shared memory bugs in Oracle 7.2 before version 7.2.3. We use the same version and we have a lot of stored large packages. I suggest you 1) Pin all large and most heavily hit packages on instance startup and 2) look at increasing the size of the shared pool. Also, if you are using the multi-threaded server, MTS, then you may want to revert back to dedicated sqlnet connections since MTS is a heavy pool user, if the first two items do not fix your problem.

Good luck.

Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice - Received on Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST