SQL*net on Oracle 8: How to spawn "wild card port" connection

From: Johnson Wu <jlw_at_cisco.com>
Date: 1998/01/12

Greetings,

I just got Oracle 8 running in the lab with an MS access client running performing queries to a linked table on the Oracle server but I somehow could never get the client to spawn the 2nd connection, ie. all queries seem to use a live connection to port 1521 and that's it.
The queries seem to works but they only use 1521 and not what I usually see
at customer sites doing the multi thread thing.

I wonder if I can get any help at all configuring my server ( or client )
to do multi thread so I can get the client to try talking to the server using a second wildcard port connection instead of the original one to tcp port 1521.

Any help appreciated.

-JOhnson Wu
jlw_at_cisco.com Received on Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST