Installing just the Pre-compiler in 7.3.x in HP/UX

From: Manisha Handa <mhanda_at_ssax.com>
Date: 1998/01/12

Hello!
Has anyone ever tried installing just the Pro*C precompiler on HP-UX? We don't want to install the server rdbms on this box, as its purpose is to be used as a client by applications written in Pro*C/OCI. However, whenever we try to install just the Pre*Compiler, we receive an error indicating that it could not find oclient.o to link the shared libraries...

The oclient object file exists on the CD, but doesn't get installed until we install the rdbms server!!! Any way around it?

Appreciate any response!
Thanks,
Manisha