Re: Can 7.3 and 8.0 co-exist on NT 4.0?

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1998/01/12

"Bert Scalzo" <bscalz01_at_7-11.com> writes:

>When I attended Oracle 8 training, I was told that oracle on NT does NOT
>support multiple Oracle homes. So no. But I have never tested this ...

Multiple Oracle homes, no. What it does support is multiple major version (7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 8.0) in one Oracle home. This is supported because all version specific executables and dlls have the major version number (71, 72) appended to the name (plus33.exe, core35.dll) as well as the directories for each version (rdbms71, rdbms72).

You can also support one Oracle home for 32 bit and one for 16 bit, if necessary.

Just be careful.

--

Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Senior Consultant, Custom Business Solutions, Inc.