From: Rudy Aceves <raceves_at_vengrp.com>
Date: 1998/01/11

Hello,

I having a problem loading a large text string which is about 100,000 characters in length into a LONG field inside of an Oracle database. I'm using the plus33.exe Oracle utility for Windows 95/NT to run an insert script. I loading into a Oracle 7 server running on HP-UX 10.20.

The error I keep getting is the string literal is too long. The LONG field is supposed to hold up to 2GB of data. So I believe it's a limitation of the plus33.exe/sqlplus utility for Windows.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Any work arounds?

Thanks,

raceves_at_vengrp.com Received on Sun Jan 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST