Re: Invaliad objects

From: InDfw <in_dfw_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/01/10

select object_name from all_objects where status = 'INVALID';

You need to compile all those invalid objects. I've used sql to create sql...

This will do some overkill by compiling both the package body and spec for those specs that are invalid, but will compile the package bodies where the spec is valid.

You will need to run the compiles as the object owner or have enough explicit privileges on the objects and their referenced objects.

spool junk.sql

select 'alter ' || object_type || ' ' || object_name || ' compile;' where object_type <> 'PACKAGE BODY' and status = 'INVALID';

select 'alter package ' || object_name || ' compile body;' where object_type ='PACKAGE BODY' and status = 'INVALID';

spool off
@junk

Phil Cook
Certified Oracle DBA

JBHill62 <jbhill62_at_aol.com> wrote in article <19980110182901.NAA19726_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>...