ORA-1031

From: Christina Kruhlmann <Christina.Kruhlmann_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1998/01/09

Hi gurus !
I'm having a bit of a problem after installing Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 on a Silicon Graphics Origin 200 machine running IRIX 6.4 The problem is, that I receive an ORA-1031 "Insufficient privileges" when starting up servermanager.
I've done a software only install, and wan't to get an instance up and running so that I can create a new database. When I start svrmgrl I get the SVRMGR> prompt ok,
but when i do a "connect internal" it asks for a password ! As there is not yet an instance running it seems that it want's the internal or sys password.
I've tried asll the usuals, and checked that orapwd hasn't been used to create password files.
I'm logged in as oracle user and that user has dba as primary group. I've checked file permissions, and the lot and everything seems to be in order.
I've also relinked the executables, not to any help. PLEASE HELP ME !! Rgds

Christina

Email : Christina.Kruhlmann_at_btinternet.com Received on Fri Jan 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST