Re: Visual Basic 5.0 Vs Developer 2000

From: Mark Aengenheyster <aengenhm_at_rspa.dot.gov>
Date: 1998/01/09

Hey, www.microsoft.com has two articles which were 'independently' written. Find them in the VB section of microsoft.com somewhere. Sorry I don't know exactly where it is. They compare VB, DEV 2000, Delphi and Powerbuilder. Both articles are good and have graphs and stuff. I underwent similar research toyours a few months ago. We ended up going with VB 5.0 since we all new it and found it easier to use (for a complicated system). I don't have any information in terms of the amount of data you are working with.

The two articles I mentioned are about the only thing I could find in terms of an educated, third-party comparison.

Good luck. Don't believe the hype.