Re: Killing idle user processes ?

From: Bert Scalzo <bscalz01_at_7-11.com>
Date: 1998/01/08

You can utilize the profile feature to terminate idle sessions after a defined period. For example, you could change the default profile (which all user id's use unless you have defined others) as follows:

ALTER PROFILE DEFAULT LIMIT IDLE_TIME 60; This will have Oracle server terminate connections after 60 minutes of idle time with any user process.

Bert Scalzo