Help: Password for Oracle 8.0 on NT 4.0

From: James Hull <jhull_at_gfnet.com>
Date: 1998/01/08

Hi there;

        I am a new Oracle user who is still in the learning stage. I used to have Oracle 7.1 server installed on my Windows NT 4.0 Server. I migrated from 7.1 to 8.0 recently. After the migration, it seems that 8.0 worked fine. But I thought I'd like to have a clean version of Oracle 8.0, so I deleted them altogether and reinstalled 8.0. I let the installation automatically created a
"typical" database.

        With version 7.1, I used my NT server's name and password as the database name and password, respectively, and logged on as "INTERNAL". It seems worked fine. But after I reinstalled a clean 8.0, I could only log on to the database as a "SYSTEM" user, using my NT Server's name and a password of "MANAGER". This
"MANAGER" does not have any DBA priveleges! I tried to log on as the "INTERNAL",
but it did not work.

Question No.1: What is the name and password of the database that installation created? Is it the same as my NT server's?

Question No.2: I tried to use "ORCL" as the "service name" with all kind of imaginable password, but it did not work.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong?

Thanx in advance.

Jim Received on Thu Jan 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST