Re: advanced SQL*Loader

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/01/08

Brian Gastineau wrote in message <884207097.379650052_at_dejanews.com>... <snipped>
>I would like to be able to find some way to pass in the when clause as a
>parameter to sqlload.
>My first attempt was to set up a UNIX environment
>variable of the form: WHEN_CLAUSE="when (1:3) = '100'" then replace the
>when clause in the control file with $WHEN_CLAUSE. In retrospect I
>should have guessed that this wouldn't work because the control file is
>being read by the sqlload utility, not the UNIX shell.

I use a sqlload script to run SQL*Loader. Replacing parameters in .ctl fils is thus easy as this script runs sed on the source .ctl, create a new .ctl with the parameters replaced and then run $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlload with all the required command line parameters.

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Jan 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST