Re: Export Question (Newbe)

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1998/01/08

Tim Evans wrote:

> I'm faced with the task of exporting a 2Gb database from my Unix system
> ( digital ) to an NT Intel system. I was wondering if there was any
> major issues I should be aware of, and any reference material that might
> prove helpful.
>
> Any help would be greatfully recieved.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tim

If it's one big export, be careful, some OS's don't like files larger than 2G...

If you are on 7.3 or higher, check out "direct=true" on your export - they make them zip along quite nicely...

Cheers

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth, Western Australia
"These views mine not BHP..etc etc"

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad."