Re: DBAs please read this!!!

From: BRAJB <brajb_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/07

I have never attempted to install oracle in this way on varying hardware platforms. However, I have done it on like platforms, operating systems etc in the same fashion.

I would be willing to bet the 600 errors are related to this installaiton procedure. How can you expect the operating system to respond to oracle calls if the kernel is different? I would also be willing to bet that you couldn't relink oracle on the disparate server.

If your delima is to create many databases in a batching mode, which are some of the delima's I am faced with all the time. I read recently there is some method for creating batch jobs (feeding defaults) for installing oracle.

-Robin Received on Wed Jan 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CST