Re: Export Question (Newbe)

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1998/01/07

On Wed, 07 Jan 1998 09:56:58 +0000, Tim Evans <tim_at_slaguru.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm faced with the task of exporting a 2Gb database from my Unix system
>( digital ) to an NT Intel system. I was wondering if there was any
>major issues I should be aware of, and any reference material that might
>prove helpful.
>
>Any help would be greatfully recieved.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Tim

You should be ok.

If the databases are different versions, I'd do the export from the NT system. You can set up a TNS service name to reach the Unix database from there.

One problem you may have is if you do the export from the unix system, and the export file exceeds the file system size limit (usually 2g). One way around this is to export to a named pipe and run compress on the back end of it.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!