Error ORA 01019 Question.

From: Marcus A Cuda <macuda_at_ucdavis.eu>
Date: 1998/01/07

Hi,
We just set an Oracle Server 8.03 under Digital Unix 4.0b. I can connect to a database locally using SQLPLUS, and remotely using Excel, SPSS, and DBMS/Copy. When I try to connect using SAS (on the same machine as the Oracle Server), I get cannot connect, Oracle returned error 01019.

According to the server message reference, this error is:

01019, 00000, "unable to allocate memory in the user side"
// *Cause: The user side memory allocator returned error.
// *Action: Increase the processes heap size or switch to the old set
of calls.

Does anyone know what 'Increase the process heap size or switch to the old set of calls' means? or have any helpful suggestions?

I working under the assumption that the SAS code is correct, since I copied it word for word out of the manual, and it seems that SAS is getting to Oracle but cannot connect.

Thanks,
Marcus Cuda

---
Social Science Data Service