Names Server - How do I code a utility to get list of servers?

From: t-adams <nojunk_at_mail.com>
Date: 1998/01/07

I'm trying to code an OCI utility which, if run on any PC having Oracle Names server installed, will connect to that Names Server and obtain a list of Oracle servers described by that Names Server. Thus, the program must be able to create this server list just by reading the Registery and files like sqlnet.ora that reside on the client machine, etc.

I need a procedure for doing this. My utility must run on any NT client which uses the Oracle Names Server instead of tnsnames.ora. Thus, the program must programatically read sqlnet.ora, etc., and eventually connect to the Names Server to read the appropriate table(s). It will not know in advance what Names Server to connect to. Thanks. Received on Wed Jan 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CST