Re: ORACLE and NETWARE - risky or not risky ?

From: Clifton L. McLellan <mclellan_at_ReactionDesign.com>
Date: 1998/01/07

I went on a support call to a customer who was using Oracle on Netware. At one point I asked the Oracle System Administrator to "bring down the server" and watched as he reached out and hit the power switch on the box.

It turns out that is how they brought the server down daily. I was there to help them improve performance over their WAN, not because they were experiencing data loss. I came away even more impressed with Oracle.

>I have been told that that the data security is not guaranteed as far as
>NETWARE isn't a multi tasking operating system.

If you really mean "data integrity", I don't think you have much to worry about. Data security and multi-tasking are not really related.

--

Hope this helps,
Clifton L. McLellan