Re: port number of ORACLE for JDBC

From: Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetschc_at_post.ch>
Date: 1998/01/07

> This may be pushing the limits of my Oracle knowledge. How can I verify
> that Sql*Net and the Listener service are started? Also do I need these
> if I am always on the same machine as my server?

Well, on NT you can verify if the service is running using

> sc query OracleTNSListener

You need the service even on the same machine, because the Thin driver communicates with the database over TCP/IP. If you want to avoid this then you should probably use the driver version working with OCI (don't remember the exact name).
Have a look at http://www.oracle.com for more details.

Regards,
Charles Received on Wed Jan 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CST