Re: ORACLE and NETWARE - risky or not risky ?

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_pop.primenet.com>
Date: 1998/01/06

I've been using Oracle on Netware for 6 or 7 years now and so do many ( in fact most) of the database managers with our department - Our entrtprise contains Netware ( 3.x and 4.11 ), Unix ( SCO and AIX ) and WinNT versions of Oracle( 6.x,7.xx) - I have noticed no difference in them as far as the users are concerned and fail to see that using Netware involves any security ( either access or file corruption ) problems - Netware does multi-task but I don't see how that ( or the lack of that ) would affect the safety of the data - any decent OS ( and that certainly includes Netware) will protect against OS-caused file problems, and, since the Oracle RDBMS is written for the Netware OS, it should work as well as on any other OS.