Re: How to export table bigger than filesystem size

From: g.r.s. deisz <g.r.s.deisz_at_ptt-telecom.unisource.nl>
Date: 1998/01/05

In article <01bd1797$bb6c9d40$37dda487_at_ramanan.att.com>,

   "RR" <ramanan_at_att.com> wrote:
>Anyone,
>
>A simple question. What is the easiest way to export a table which is
>bigger than the largest filesystem size. For example I have tables which
>are bigger than 2GB and my machine does not support filesystems greater
>than 2GB.
>
>RR

You can either export to tape or compress your export file. On Unix compressing can be done by creating a pipe, start a compress process that reads from the pipe and writes to a file and finally export to the pipe.

Stefan.

--
Name      :G.R.S. Deisz
Phone     :+31-50-5855954