Re: ORA-01631 problem

From: Alan MCCulloch <amccullo_at_ccu1.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: 1998/01/04

"Bong Khin Fah" <bongkf_at_pc.jaring.my> writes:

>hi everybody,

>how would you normally deal with
>ORA-01631 max # of extents 'num' reached in table 'name' error ?

>the current maxextents of tablespace = 121, pctincrease = 0.

>thank you

>Bong Khin Fah
>Sarawak Information Systems Sdn. Bhd.

Other respondents mentioned exporting and re-creating with appropriate parameters....personally I have never had any trouble with the easier option, of increasing max extents a little bit, and increasing the size of the next extent parameter. I have waited for an opportune time to do the export and import - e.g. a major Database version upgrade, when two birds can be killed with one stone.

Alan McCulloch
Senior Programmer
Clinical Trials Research Unit
Dept of Medicine
Auckland University Received on Sun Jan 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CST