Re: Help: oracle space problem. Error code:ORA-01652

From: Hilary Shreter <shreterh_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1998/01/04

About your query: are you using "order by" (or maybe a group function that requires sorting the rows?) on a query with joins? while it's convenient to let the database do all that work if you have time it's fun to think like the database does, and find some workaround that returns results immediately, and won't depend on the mood of the temp table. Depends on what you're trying to accomplish -- thought I'd just add this.

Also I agree with the other comments, especially since SELMC is probably not the tablespace that the DBA meant to use for temp! And..how are the indexes on this table? Also found in your message: the rollback segments serve quite another purpose (for updates really) but yes it's another place to get Oracle hung up.

hchen_at_cc.memphis.edu wrote in article
<1997Dec30.191027_at_latte.memphis.edu>...