can't do ODBC pass-through from Access to Oracle

From: David Shi <dshi_at_magpage.com>
Date: 1998/01/03

I am trying to test a very simple pass-through query from MS Access to Oracle server:

  select sysdate from dual;

and I kept getting the error message:

  [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-00911:invalid charater. (#911)

this might be very simple, but I couldn't find any information from manual or help.

platform:

NT 4.0 client, Oracle 7.3.3 server on Sun, and I can use ODBC to link to tables in Oracle.

Please also forward your help to my email account. Thanks a lot.

David Received on Sat Jan 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CST