Connection to Oracle 8 from oracle tools

From: <sgans_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: 1998/01/03

  1. I had downloaded Personal Oracle 8 from the net and installed it in my pc.
  2. i am having the follg problem
    1. i am able to access the database using
      sqlplus 8.0
    2. i am NOT ABLE to access the database using
      sqlplus 3.3 or any other oracle tools like developer 2000/discoverer 3.0 i am getting the following error when connecting from the tool " ORA-03121 no interface drive connected function not performed"
  3. My sytem configuration is Pentium 32 MB RAM Windows 95.
  4. I have checked the windows registery for the entries like plus33 etc..

Can somebody help me to get over this problem.

thank you in anticipation of a response