Moving system datafiles

From: Roland Hall <rhall_at_ihatespam.com>
Date: 1998/01/02

We are running oracle 7.14 on Solaris 2.4 with raw file systems. I need to move the instance to a different set of disks. I have moved all of the datafiles except the system datafiles by taking the tablespace offline, dd the datafiles to their new location, renaming them and bringing the tablespace online. This procedure does not work for the system datefiles. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thank You

Roland Hall
Systems Analyst
Watkins-Johnson

rhall_at_wj.com Received on Fri Jan 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST