Re: Alter index rebuild script

From: <UMESH.X.TIWARI_at_x400gw.ameritech.com>
Date: 1998/01/02

You do not alter index. You just drop and recreate one. If you already have one , there is no reason why you won't be able to drop and recreate an index. If you are running Oracle7.2 or later version, I suggest you to use UNRECOVERABLE option to speed up the index recreation.

If you are using any CASE tool, it is very easy to reverse engineer an index from the database and generate a script, you could also build one by select all of the necessary information from USER_INDEXES and UNSER_IND_COLUMNS. If you do not have much experience doing all of the above, or simply don't want to take the risk, I suggest the following :

Good Luck (You may need some of it!).

Umesh