Re: Redo log question

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1998/01/02

On 1 Jan 1998 21:12:37 GMT, robw95_at_aol.com (RobW95) wrote:

>I recently created a new instance with three groups of redo logs, two members
>each. Each of the redo logs are 20mb each. The log_buffer parameter is set at
>160k. Checkpoint is not turned on. This instance is basically a repository for
>inquiry so the logs will mostly be used for the weekly batch loads. We have
>been loading data into the instance successfully but I have noticed some
>messages in the alert log that concern me. The logs seem to be switching
>successfully most of the time but occasionally I see the message 'Can't
>allocate new sequence, checkpoint not complete'. The log doesn't seem to switch
>but instead seems to fill itself up again and then next time switches to the
>next log. This message is not an ORA message and I've looked in the reference
>manuals and I can't find anything related to it. There does not seem to be any
>pattern to it. Has anyone seen this before?
>
>Thanks in advance. Rob

  1. Turn on the checkpointer process
  2. If the problem persists, add more log groups until the problem goes away. I've found that 5x20mb works well for me. -- Chuck Hamilton chuckh_at_dvol.com

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child, and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel." (Isa 7:14 NASB) Received on Fri Jan 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST