Re: Starting executable from PL/SQL procedure

From: David Russell <user_at_msn.com>
Date: 1998/01/01

If you have Oracle7 then the only way this can be done is with DBMS_PIPE, the approach is documented in the Oracle7 Server Application Developers guide. It basically consists of a process waiting for a message at one end of the pipe and then running the required executable.

If you have Oracle8 then you can also use external procedures.

--

Regards
David Russell

Alain Schartz <schartz_at_mail.com> wrote in article
<34A8ABFA.3AAF4A62_at_mail.com>...