Re: Killing a runaway process on 7.3.2.2.0 for NT?

From: Adrian Shepherd <Adrian.Shepherd_at_BTINTERNET.COM>
Date: 1997/12/31

Be patient , it might not be a runaway process, when you kill the process , it will have to rollback, if it has generated lots of rollback information then it will take just as long if not longer to rollback.

What makes you think it is a runaway process ? Check out the SQL it is running and check for obvious performance issues such as full table scans , lack of indexes , disk contention etc, Is it CPU or I/O bound ? Is the database SGA optimally tuned ?