Re: I do not want to use TNSNAMES.ORA. How ?

From: <UMESH.X.TIWARI_at_x400gw.ameritech.com>
Date: 1997/12/31

You may want to try using Oracle Names. This basically means you keep all of the database location specific information in a names server database. This frees up the client stations from the dependency that comes with tnsnames.ora file usage. Oracle Names, just like every other Oracle products, comes with its own set of problems though. Good luck.

Umesh Tiwari