Unable to schedule jobs from Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: <suvamoy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/12/31

Hi Everybody,

I am having problem using the Oracle Enterprise Manager Job Scheduling facility. I am running Oracle Server 7.3.4 on a Compaq Server running Windows NT 4.0 Server. The Enterprise manager version is 1.4.1.1 which is running from a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation Client. I have installed the Oracle Intelligent Agent 8.0.3 on the Server and confirmed that it is running. I am able to register database events through the Enterprise Manager and get notified whenever these events occur. As per the installation manual I have also created a NT (OS) user ID on the Database Server (box) as a member of the NT Administrator Group with the special Privilege of "log on as a batch job" and I have set this ID as the userid and password for the node running the database in the user preferences menu of the Oracle Enterprise Manager console. Despite having set up everything as per the manual I get the the following error whenever I schedule a job through the Oracle Enterprise Manager.

   "Failed to authenticate user"

I am really at my wits end as to what is happening. Could any body please help?

suvamoy_at_hotmail.com