Re: Backup Question

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378nospam_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/12/31

In order to recover to a prior point-in-time, you must restore ALL data files to a point PRIOR to the point-in-time and then use the logs to roll forward to the selected point-in-time. You would not use a backup control file for this.

This means the entire database is effectivly rolled back to the point-in-time prior to the tablespace drop.