Problem: Executing a procedure under a not owner (of procedure) user

From: John Vernes <vernes.j_at_consunet.nl>
Date: 1997/12/31

In our database (7.3.3.) we have a user (APPLIC_DBA) under which we store all our packages and stored procedures, tables and views for our application.

For example the procedure create_classification in the package classification.

    The owner of this procedure will be APPLIC_DBA

When executing the procedure under the user APPLIC_DBA it will run under the user APPLIC_DBA.
This will ALSO happen when we will connect under a different user, for example DIF_USER

Refferences in the procedure to a tablename will be made to the tables stored under the user APPLIC_DBA and NOT THE CONNECTED USER DIF_USER.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change this and in what way.

We have an option, but it is a filty one. Namely copying all packages to the current user and recompiling them there. I believe this is NOT something you want to do
because of the difficulties in version-management and multiple storage of the same info.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

John Received on Wed Dec 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CST