Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- what would it take?

From: <martin.spott_at_notexistent.org>
Date: 1997/12/30

bengel_at_xs4all.nl wrote:

> aha, more disk space wasted, more memory wasted, slower system ? hmmpf. how
> happy we are :-(.

This is quite true.

> so, the glibc can be installed together with the old version ? e.g. it's
> installable on current systems ?

I do this for more than half a year and I am quite happy with it. You should have at least a core system for glibc. After that, you can go the way to migrate your system by compiling new software / new releases for glibc. About 90 % of the software of my daily use is already converted. For some pieces you need a small patch.

> (how long do I need a.out and elf on the system hmmpf)

That depends ....

Martin.

--
	martin "at" quickstep "punkt" dirnet "punkt" com