Re: I do not want to use TNSNAMES.ORA. How ?

From: Dave Sisk <davesisk_at_travelin.com>
Date: 1997/12/30

Alon:

Check out Oracle Names Server. This service app resolves database names in a centralized, DSN-like manner. (In other words, you don't have to have a TNSNAMES.ora on each client. You can simply connect to the database name, and ONS will resolve how to connect to it, similiar to how a DNS server resolves machine names into IP addresses. In fact, if you only have one database per machine, I believe you can have ONS resolve the database name by using the already existing DNS resolution.)

Good luck,

Dave Sisk

Oron Vexler <ovexler_at_netvision.net.il> wrote in article <01bd146c$26e49520$d205a8c0_at_venus>...