Re: Combining Tables in Dev2000 Forms

From: Peter McKenzie <pemmck_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/12/30

Alan Schneider wrote in message <686snr$jdb$1_at_gte1.gte.net>...
>I am trying to have the first three instances of a column displayed in a
>Form 4.5 form (easily done) along with its associated information from a
>second table (seems to be quit a bit harder).
>
>What is the best way to combine the tables into a single "Block"

If you don't need to update or insert you could base your block on a view combining the two tables 'A' and 'B'. If you DO want to update either of these two tables you will need to put 'A' and 'B' in two additional subordinate blocks and navigate from the 'A'+'B' view block to either of these blocks for updating. If you only need to update one of your two tables e.g. 'A' then use the post-query trigger to populate non-database items on the form with data from table 'B'. This is probably the most common approach. Received on Tue Dec 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST