Re: OWAS 3.0 crashes remote database

From: Ammon LEE <whlee_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/12/29

I am new to this group and just seen your reply without the original question. I suspect that
my situationis very close to yours. I'm now using NT4.0 and OWAS 3.0.0.18 and found the following
problems:

  1. File locking Whenever you access any file through a browser, OWAS will lock it. You cannot delete this file. Thus we cannot update HTML files through FTP unless we shutdown the whole server!!!!
  2. Database Crash This is the pt. which I think should be close to your description. We found that intermittently we can crash the database when we access a DAD link. We fail to spot any crash pattern. Just now and then when we click a DAD link & the database server crashes.
  3. re-login failure Once you login a DAD through any browser successfully, quit the browser, bring up another browser on any other PC and access the same link but supply incorrect password. The server will NOT prompt you for another password retry. It will show a "Request Failure" page instead!!!

Thanks for advice!!!