Re: Replication MS Access -> Oracle 7.3

From: JAMES SKURRAY <JAMES_SKURRAY_at_Peoplesoft.com>
Date: 1997/12/28

Thor-Ivar Skofsrud wrote:

> Hello.
>
> We have a case where we would like to replicate a MS Access database
> to Oracle 7.3.3 running on Solaris 2.5.1 once a day. Does anyone
> know an easy way to achieve this task?
>
> ---
> Regards
> Thor-Ivar Skofsrud
> Telenor Nextel AS

Instead of replicating the database each day have you thought about moving the data from MS Access to the database through export and attach so that they get the data resides in the Oracle database. This would allow you to have the data replicated live (not really you would be looking at the same data from both ends).

If performance is an issue the best way would be to simply attach temporary tables to MS Access and run a append query every day to move the data from the local tables in Access to the database through an ODBC connection.

        Regards James Received on Sun Dec 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST