Info for Ohio Oracle Users Group Meeting Jan '98

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/12/28

Here is the agenda for the Ohio Oracle Users Group Meeting for Jan '98. Feel free to email me with any questions: mailto:jtesta_at_scioto.net

Web site: http://www.ooug.org

Information/Agenda for January '98 Meeting

Host: Compuware Corporation
Date: Thursday January 15, 1998
Location: Dayton Marriott
Fee: Free for 1997 members, $10.00 for non-members.

Directions to Marriott from Columbus:

   Take I-70 West to I-75 South. Take exit #51 (Edwin C. Moses Blvd).     Turn left off exit. Turn right onto Stewart St. (Bridge)     Turn right onto S. Patterson Blvd.
    Hotel is on the left at corner of S. Patterson Blvd. and River Park Drive.
Directions to Marriott from Cincinnati:

    Take I-75 North to exit #51 (Edwin C. Moses Blvd). Turn right off exit.

    Turn right onto Stewart St. (Bridge) Turn right onto S. Patterson Blvd.

    Hotel is on the left at corner of S. Patterson Blvd and River Park Drive.

Agenda:

  8:30 -   9:00 - Continental Breakfast - Thanks to Compuware.
  9:00 -   9:45 - General Meeting
  9:45 - 10:00 - Break
10:00 - 11:30 - Managing Oracle 8 and Applications Using EcoTOOLS.
          Speaker - Gery Plourde, Eastern Sales Support Manager,
Compuware
Corporation.

    This session provides an in-depth technical overview of EcoTOOLS, a performance management tool designed
to help DBA's and system administrators do performance tuning on Oracle databases, including log and space
management. EcoTOOLS capabilities include extensive monitoring and centralized management of the entire
Oracle applications production environment, focusing on the interdependencies of the databases, application servers, the operating system and the network.

11:30 - 1:00 - Lunch - Thanks to Compuware.

1:00 - 2:00 - Using the DBMSSQL package.

          Speaker - Joe Testa, VP OOUG.
    This session will provide you with an overview of how to do dynamic sql using the Oracle standard package
DBMSSQL as well as a useful example on using that package to convert LONG to CLOB and RAW LONG to
BLOB using Oracle 8.

2:00 - 3:00 - Presenter to be announced. 3:00 - 3:30 - Questions, other business matters and discussion of bringing a well
known PL/SQL expert to Columbus for a PL/SQL class.

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator, mailto:jtesta_at_scioto.net
(home)