Re: SQL*Net 2.x configuration

From: Jason Collison <jasonc_at_dlinc.com>
Date: 1997/12/28

L. Tseng wrote:

> I believe I have configured TNSNAMES.ORA correctly
> but failed to get serviec name resolved.
> All I get is
>
> ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
>
> However, the TNSNAMES.ORA file works just fine on a different server.

Sounds similar to the problem I am having right now. I don't have a solution, but I did find a workaround. When I'm connecting to oracle locally I must not specify the SID, but when connecting over the network I have to. I would think that Oracle would be smart enough to deal with the SID when I'm connecting locally, but obviously I'm faily oracle-clueless. :)

Like I said, it's just a workaround. Damn inconvenient, too, because now if I want to move applications to a remote machine they must be recompiled.

Any tips, anyone? Received on Sun Dec 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST