Re: Automatic Oracle shutdown on NT?

From: Clay Davidson <clay_at_his.com>
Date: 1997/12/27

What version of Oracle?
In the 7.x series, you have to shut down the database before you shutdown the service. Shutting down the service first is sort of like a shutdown abort.

In Oracle 8, they added some stuff to services to call a batch file (basically) and shutdown the database when the service shutsdown.

You can do the same thing by writing a command file and calling it before you shutdown.

Would not suggest just shutting down the NT Server before making sure your database (which is probably why you have the NT box in the first place) is gracefully exited.

Just my 2 cents worth.