Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- what would it take?

From: A James Lewis <james.SPAMHASRUINEDEMAIL_at_vrtx.net>
Date: 1997/12/26

Kevin Forge wrote:

> Leigh Porter wrote:
>
> > tip wrote:

> > > are you blind or just dumb? what does linux run on? 386, 486, pentium,
> > > whatever.
> > >
> > > i'm not talking about the later model pci chipset motherboards in the
> > > past two years, rather as a whole.
> > >
> > > as a whole, most motherboards that support linux do not support over
> > > 128 megs.
> >
> > Is there a motherboard that does not support Linux and supports more than
> > 128Mb?
> >
> > --
> > Leigh
>
> Not an x86 one :)

The idea that there might be a memory limitation never even occured to me, where did these guys get the idea that either there's an x86 motherboard that cant run Linux? I have x86 boards that wont run WINDOWS! OK, it's because it cant autodetect things on startup.... Still, I'm running linux on them.... the one I'm typing on supports up to 768Megs.....

James Received on Fri Dec 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST