Re: SNP process/init.ora

From: Juergen Maihoefner <jmai_at_dagon.franken.de>
Date: 1997/12/25

Rich Neill wrote:

> I've created a snapshot in Oracle 7.3 and
> read that to do automatic refreshes I
> need to set some parameters called
> "SNAPSHOT_REFRESH_PROCESS", among a few
> others. Can anyone provide me with the
> specific configuration parameters as it
> is needed in init.ora to make this
> work.

Oracle changed the parameter names from SNAPSHOT_REFRESH_* to JOB_QUEUE_*, because the mechanism is useful for other jobs as well. I can't remember, since which version that's true.
It's best to insert the configuration twice.

job_queue_interval=60
job_queue_keep_connections=FALSE
job_queue_processes=2

Polling every 60 seconds (for snapshots as well), disconnect after each transfer (I'm not 100% shure about this), run two SNP-processes.

bye, jm

--
SIG: In a world without fences, who needs gates.